Today’s marketplace is not only ultra-competitive but also blooming in digitalization. To help productivity in different skill-based departments, such as IT, Finance, Accounting, and others, companies learned that they need to shift their focus to improving processes. In other words, they needed to build customized tools that would allow them to improve processes and with it, the quality of different functions.
The inevitable truth of Triple Constraints
Everyone who has been involved in software development probably is familiar with Triple constraints. Constraint refers to:
- The time constraint refers to the amount of time available to complete a project.
- The cost constraint refers to the budgeted amount available for the project.
- The scope constraint refers to what must be done to produce the project's result.
These three constraints are often mutually competing constraints: increased scope typically means increased time and increased cost, a tight time constraint could mean increased costs and reduced scope, and a tight budget could mean increased time and reduced scope.
How can we overcome these three constraints?
It seems that from the start development companies are trying to find the Holy Grail of software development OR how to develop high-quality software for a reasonable price as quickly as possible. Constrains are here and we can’t avoid them but we have to come up with some smarter concepts.
For a start, we can introduce some modern methodologies such as Agile project methodology (Scrum) or Continuous Integration. Nowadays all these concepts are widely used and improve quality and speed up the development process.
On the other hand, there is a significant amount of low code/ no-code platforms or even application generators which significantly speed up the development process but also introduce several drawbacks. Some rather important drawbacks are vendor and technology lock-in, lack of customization, limited integration, and in some cases price. Despite all limitations, such concept is a way to go.
First, we defined business and technical requirements - what we want from the targeted platform. List of requirements included:
- Reduce development time
- Reuse of common components and services
- Reduce multiple implementations between development teams
- Reduce „Time to market” of new products/ module/ functionality
- Share knowledge and skills between teams
- use of modern cutting-edge technologies
- use of the agile methodology
- use CI/CD pipeline
- provide multitenant environment
- microservice architecture
- native cloud base platform
- the modern responsive graphical interface
- easy drop in new custom-defined module
- use of proven open-source tools and applications
- easy localization on different language
The detailed analysis led the decision-making process that concluded with the development of a modern rapid application platform with a predefined set of boilerplate modules. We called it GetiHub.
What have we accomplished with GetiHub?
Now after a year of platform development and several successful implementations, we can conclude that we have made the right decision which resulted in multiple benefits for every stakeholder in this process.
- Customers and potential customers get short time-to-market where it takes only one or two months to deliver a modern fully functional cloud-native application. Shorten delivery time generates more revenue for our customers.
- For development, we practice SCRUM project methodology, and the result is not just getting experience in SCRUM agile development, but we also build the team chemistry making SCRUM teams more and more productive.
- This project helps us to prove new technologies and concepts. Successfully shared experience gained during development helped us improving overall company knowledge.
- GetiHub has proved to be a powerful platform for mentoring interns and junior developers. Lead and senior developers guide less experienced colleagues to become valuable team members, not just to gain technical knowledge, but also how to become better developers by using design patterns and write clean code.
User adoption is a success key for every platform, and for this, we need to create super trouper experience for those who use it.
GetiHub provides a matrix of good user experience, productivity, and efficiency, and the best part- it cuts costs. These are indisputable. There is no doubt that this is a good path to take for companies.
Who should use GetiHub?
No matter if you are a big enterprise with a radical idea of how to reshape your existing processes make it more efficient or you are a small startup with a radical idea of a new product that will change the world. You should consider Serengeti GetiHub as a starting point. GetiHub will speed up the whole process, based on modern architecture by using proven project methodologies.
If you would like to talk more about your specific business needs and software development needs pick a suitable time and schedule a call/online meeting with our team. We'll contact you back.