Mercury Processing Services International (in the text; MPSI) is established in 2009. Today, MPSI is a part of the international group NETS as an important financial transaction processor and provider of cutting-edge services and solutions for banking institutions.
MPSI is an international company in every sense of the word. The international character is reflected in the clients, employees, and locations in which it operates, taking every effort to provide its customers with services and solutions that meet client’s specific needs, local specificities, cultural specificities, and regional complexities.
The growing team includes more than 500 professionals, whose knowledge, creativity and enthusiasm help to deliver quality service and brings value to clients.
MSPI uses a wide range of technology when developing its services and, as an enterprise organization it systemizes departments to maximize the efficiency of the system itself.
Software development is organized in following departments: architecture, development, build management, application management, testing, data warehouse, etc.
To reach new demanding markets MPSI must, not only deliver additional functionalities in the planned timeframe but also significantly increase the throughput, security, and reliability of each internal process.
Therefore, the MPSI recognized spaces for improvement:
- The efficiency of financial processing in every possible way (enhancement, caching, parallelization, …)
- The business process has to be automated at every possible step
- The parallelization of the entire distributed solution had to be achieved by automatic instantiation
- Compliance with GDPR
- Encryption of sensitive data
- Anonymization of data
In order to accelerate and improve the overall internal development process, Serengeti has been hired to significantly expand the existing development team, implement DevOps principles and expand the client's testing team. The goal is to implement and increase the degree of automation of the core application development cycle and the development of event-driven systems for developers support.
Serengeti participates in the implementation of DevOps principles in the following areas:
- Built CI/CD pipeline of distributed system using Microsoft TFS and/or Jenkins
- 'zero downtime' production upgrade of core application
- deployment destination-dependent config transformations implementation
- encryption of sensitive parts of configuration files
- versioning the master database, tracking model changes and data in the database, and automating the rollback of models and data in the database
- automated setup and unattended installation of a new instance of a distributed application on a set of servers with a clean OS (one click)
- event-driven integration of high-level Business planning and estimation on one side, operational monitoring on the other, and Developer workflow on the third side of the client application triangle. Tasks are automatically propagated, synchronized and closed using the Web API and REST interfaces of several applications used
Serengeti covered the full cycle service from development and testing to application maintenance.
Serengeti used Team Extension engagement model to quickly integrate into existing client’s development team and transfer knowledge. After introduction phase team started to deliver according to client’s requirements and pace of development and testing was significantly increased.
Because of the high engagement of Client’s key technical people on other projects, important requirement for team was to work autonomously and maximally effective. This was the responsibility of Serengeti’s team leader who was negotiating and clarifying Sprint backlog with client and transferring agreed requirements and domain knowledge to other team members.
Serengeti team analyzed input messages from the device and process the data from the sensors and questionnaires. We've split messages and processed them using internal components and OSGi Service. After processing and extraction of important data, we transformed outgoing messages to the Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) protocol.
We also developed FHIR conversion service with input and output FHIR adapters. Goal was to design system which can translate FHIR messages down to the internal M2M data structure and convert back from M2M data to FHIR message standard.
As part of the project we also conducted testing. For the needs of the project we developed a test stress server that simulated a large number of patients who completed the care plan and submitted their measurement data to the inbound gateway M2M platform.
Serengeti has proven to be a stable, reliable and scalable partner from the beginning. In a short time of collaboration, they have established themselves as one of our key software development partners.
Mercury Processing Services International, Head of Application Architecture